Friday 23 December 2016

A year of not doing that much!

Tina Francis 2016


So the nest laid plans and all that! Most of what I planned to do in 2016 was put on hold whilst I recovered from an operation (I am back on track now!)so most of those plans will be used for 2017!
In 2016 I did however have my first solo exhibition "7 Stages of Grief" which will continue in galleries next year, ran Jewellery Quarter Open Studios for the second year, became "Artist in Residence" at ScrapStore Birmingham and visited many pre-school settings creating art and fun. Ran a successful workshop at RBSA (more to come in 2017) and helped Spring Hill Stitchers exhibit at one of the largest textile shows in the UK, we have got funding from Ageing Better so watch this space for more exhibitions and maybe come and join us Saturdays 12-14 in Spring Hill Library. So all in all not a bad year!

Looking ahead to 2017 I am back exhibiting at the shows and will be at the following:-
The Stitching and Sewing Show - Manchester 2-4 February, Glasgow 2-5 March
Craft 4 Crafters - Exeter 16-18th February
Fashion and Embroidery - Birmingham 16-19 March

I will then be exhibiting (27/3 - 2/4) at The Gallery, Craft Central, Clerkenwell with two fantastic makers, Suraya Hossian and Judith Watson. Our show is called "Where wool Meets" and will see us creating a collaborative piece and also exhibiting our own work. Our practices are very different but it is wool and the act of using processes associated with it that joins us. Keep up to date with the show here.

I am running workshops in my studio from February, maximum 6 people with as many different teas as I can muster! The workshops will include embroidery using Oh Sew Bootiful kits, Weaving using kits from Juko Designs, Canvas sampler designed by me, Fun stitch workshops encouraging you to "Use Your Stash", lampshade making and a few more that will involve other makers in the Jewellery Quarter. Full list and dates will be on the website by Mid January. 
Talking of workshops I will also be at IDC Redditch running a selection of the above workshops plus mono printing and mixed media.

So that's the first three months or so of 2017! Thanks for sticking with me this year I have really appreciated all your kind words and the continuing orders which have inspired me to create more printed kits and new canvas work kits which will be launching in April 2017.

Have a great festive and I hope to see you in 2017 at the early year shows or later at Ally Pally and Harrogate.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment